PSA and #HASHTAG CONTEST
Create a Public Service Announcement (PSA) or #HASHTAG to promote SafeOregon!
VIDEO: Be creative! The video should encourage viewers to use SafeOregon to share confidential information of a threat or a potential threat to student safety (examples include: safety threats, violence, threats of violence, fights, drugs, alcohol, weapons, bullying, friends talking about hurting themselves, harassment, intimidation, cyber bullying, or self-harm).
This PSA is intended for use online, in the community and in schools to assist with outreach. Videos may include practical uses of SafeOregon, benefits of using SafeOregon, and how SafeOregon has helped you or other students feel safe at school.
Visit the SafeOregon.com website for additional resources and information. You must include information on how to submit tips (by phone, email, text, app or the website).
- All entries must be original, student created films. Original work should never be a copy or remake of another film. All aspects of the filmmaking process must be performed by students who are currently enrolled at the submitting school.
- Each video should be no more than 5 minutes (minimum of 2.5 minutes).
- Only students and staff of the school are eligible to be in the video. Exception: local law enforcement
- The video submission authorizes SafeOregon to utilize the video for promotional and educational purposes.Submissions will be used to promote SafeOregon.
- The video will be shown to many audiences so all content needs to be appropriate and follow school rules.
- The contest is open to any schools enrolled in SafeOregon.
- Video entries – only one entry per school is allowed.
Each video must be uploaded to a video channel with the link submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org after 8:00a.m.on Monday, April 16, 2018 and before 11:59 p.m. on Friday, May 11 , 2018. If technical problems occur, contact email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, May 11, 2018. Winners will be announced no later than Wednesday, May 30, 2018.
- Video platforms include: YouTube, Vimeo, Daily Motion.
Instructions for optimal uploading can be found on each platform website. Video may be uploaded with privacy settings if preferred. If so, a password/access code must be included with the contest submission email.
- Submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes: 1) student name(s) lead producer and any co-producers 2) SafeOregon School Site and City 3) phone number 4) Video Link (plus password if required)
1st Place Winner – Prize $1000
Runner Up Winner – Prize $500
#HASHTAG: Help spread the word, with your creative #HASHTAGS. Create eye catching keywords or phrases that really grab the attention to inspire your fellow students to learn more about SAFEOREGON and the responsibility to use the tip line.
- Each #HASHTAG should be no more than 50 characters.
- #HASHTAG entries – only three per school are allowed.
Each #HASHTAG must be emailed to Dominique.Millette@state.or.us,no later than Friday, May 11, 2018. Winners will be announced no later than Wednesday, May 30, 2018.
- In case of a tie, the earliest timestamp will decide the winner.
- Include in the email submission 1) student name who created the #HASHTAG 2)SafeOregon School Site and City 3) phone number 4) #HASHTAG
Top 5 will win $100 each. Three submissions per school and each school could win up to $300.00
Both contests open April 16, 2018 and close on May 11, 2018.
The judging panel is composed of representatives from Oregon State Police, members of the Oregon media, and members of the education community. Videos will be rated on quality, creativity, explanation of SafeOregon use, and overall message. #HASHTAGS will be rated on quality and creativity.
*Prizes are awarded to the winning school. The school administration and student participants will confer on how the prize money will be used.